- How and Why Did I Steal 1.3 Million, Presented by Ryan Homa (Convicted Fraudster)
Former accountant for a manufacturing company in Wisconsin. Plead guilty and was convicted in 2011 after embezzling $1.3 million. Ryan served 28 months at the Duluth Federal Prison Camp.
- Anatomy of a Federal Fraud Case, Presented by Doug Squires (Southern District of Ohio; Assistant U.S. Attorney)
Since 2000, Doug Squires has been an Assistant U.S. Attorney in Columbus, Ohio prosecuting white collar crime, corruption and terrorism offenses. He also serves as the Senior Litigation Counsel in charge of training at the U.S. Attorney’s Office, as well as the Professional Responsibility Officer, Giglio Official and Criminal Discovery Coordinator. Doug was honored in 2016 with the Exceptional Service Award from the National Association of Former United States Attorneys’; in 2009, he received the U.S. Department of Justice Distinguished Service Award; and in 2001 he was a recipient of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services Inspector General’s Integrity Award.
From 1994 to 2000, Doug was a state prosecutor in California prosecuting violent crime and drug offenses and served as Interim Supervising District Attorney.
Doug is an Adjunct Professor of Law at the Ohio State University Moritz College of Law where he teaches courses in white-collar crime and criminal procedure. He has authored several published materials on fraud, including a chapter entitled “Forensic Accounting” in Scientific Evidence in Civil and Criminal Cases, 6th Ed., 2013, Foundation Press, a legal textbook on scientific and technical evidence.
Doug received a B.A. from Miami University, Oxford, Ohio, his law degree from the University of San Francisco School of Law and is licensed to practice law in Ohio and California.
- Includes continental breakfast from 8:15 am – 9:00 am and FREE parking (one-day parking pass will be emailed to print prior to the event)
- CFE Exam Prep Courses: Two (2) CFE Exam Prep Courses will be raffled for those interested in taking the CFE exam
- Like our October event we expect this event to sell out, so please register soon if you would like to attend.
- All reservation cancellations must be made by January 8th to help make sure we can accommodate attendance of as many as are interested in attending.