About The Central Ohio ACFE
We are the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (COACFE), the official local chapter of the ACFE.
COACFE was founded in 1992 and has a membership of about 150 members. Our members work in a variety of industries including finance, government, insurance, security and academic. We also have a good representation of students at various local universities interested in pursuing anti-fraud careers.
In addition to regularly scheduled, bi-monthly training sessions with insightful and engaging speakers, the Chapter co-sponsors the annual 2-day Emerging Trends in Fraud Investigation and Prevention conference held in Columbus, Ohio. The 2018 and 2019 conferences drew more than 650 attendees from around the region.
The Chapter has donated $40,000 to the ACFE Foundation for student scholarships over the past four years and previously donated approximately $10,000 in equipment to the fraud divisions of local police departments through Chapter community service projects.
News from the COACFE
“Become a friend” of an individual or “like” businesses and groups. Update your status with news, links, photos, videos, polls and more. Like our chapter here.
Watch the latest fraud prevention, detection and investigation stories unfold through photos and images. Follow @centralohiocfe here.
Connect and network with professionals all over the world. Update your status with news and links. Recommend connections for professional positions and participate in industry group discussions. Follow our chapter here.
The mission of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish our mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners
COACFE Chapter Leadership
Melissa Butsko, CFE
Global Security & Investigations
JPMorgan Chase & Co