About The Central Ohio ACFE
We are the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (COACFE), the official local chapter of the ACFE®.
COACFE was founded in 1992 and has a membership of about 100 members. Our members work in a variety of industries including finance, government, insurance, security and academic. We also have a good representation of students at various local universities interested in pursuing anti-fraud careers.
In addition to regularly scheduled luncheons with insightful and engaging speakers, the Chapter co-sponsors the annual 2-day Emerging Trends in Fraud Investigation and Prevention conference held in Columbus, Ohio. The 2016 Conference drew 683 attendees from around the region.
The Chapter has previously donated approximately $10,000 in equipment to the fraud divisions of local police departments through Chapter community service projects. Our Chapter also provides financial support to the ACFE Richie-Jennings Scholarship program.
News from the COACFE
The mission of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish our mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners