About The Central Ohio ACFE
We are the Central Ohio Chapter of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (COACFE), the official local chapter of the ACFE®.
COACFE was founded in 1992 and has a membership of about 100 members. Our members work in a variety of industries including finance, government, insurance, security and academic. We also have a good representation of students at various local universities interested in pursuing anti-fraud careers.
In addition to regularly scheduled luncheons with insightful and engaging speakers, the Chapter co-sponsors the annual 2-day Emerging Trends in Fraud Investigation and Prevention conference held in Columbus, Ohio. The 2018 Conference drew more than 660 attendees from around the region.
The Chapter donated over $10,000 to the ACFE Foundation for scholarships during 2018 and previously donated approximately $10,000 in equipment to the fraud divisions of local police departments through Chapter community service projects.
News from the COACFE
The mission of the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners is to reduce the incidence of fraud and white-collar crime and to assist the Membership in fraud detection and deterrence. To accomplish our mission, the ACFE:
- Provides bona fide qualifications for Certified Fraud Examiners through administration of the CFE Examination
- Sets high standards for admission, including demonstrated competence through mandatory continuing professional education
- Requires Certified Fraud Examiners to adhere to a strict code of professional conduct and ethics
- Serves as the international representative for Certified Fraud Examiners to business, government and academic institutions
- Provides leadership to inspire public confidence in the integrity, objectivity, and professionalism of Certified Fraud Examiners